Why Kids Shouldn’t do Homework

Lilly, Editor

Kids. Hate. Homework. Some enjoy it, but only 17% of students actually like it. (Look it up) I definitely don’t like it. For me it’s just a waste of time when I would rather be doing something else.  Most kids don’t even have time to do it because they have sports, family, or whatever the reason. I usually get it all done on the bus, but I would much rather be talking to my friends then sitting there and doing work I’ve been doing for the last seven hours.  That’s not all, but kids do enough work already in school. To go to school for seven hours straight and needing to come home and do more work is dumb. Livescience.com states: “Too Much Homework Is Bad for Kids. Piling on the homework doesn’t help kids do better in school. In fact, it can lower their test scores. … Inundating children with hours of homework each night is detrimental, the research suggests, while an hour or two per week usually doesn’t impact test scores one way or the other.” Homework is also stressful too. If you have a lot of homework but didn’t have time to do it, your probably going to be stressed the next day about the punishments your teacher might give you.  Not only that, but homework could effect your sleep too. Some kids wait till the last minute to do’s their homework or they don’t get it done at all. If you have way too much homework you could be doing it till eleven or twelve at night, and if you have to get up at 6:00 AM that’s not going to get you very much sleep. That will effect your grade if your too tired to work. That’s all I got to say about kids getting homework.