They should be allowed to take home their iPads!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Remy, Maryauna

We went around asking people what they think about 7th and 8th graders being allowed to take home their iPads, and what their punishment should be if they forget them at home.  We asked many people what they thought.  Students, teachers, and the principals were interviewed and they answered with many different amazing answers. If you want to see what some of them had to say then read on.   

We asked multiple people what they thought if 7th and 8th grade were aloud to bring home there iPads. One person who we got an amazing answer from was Dr. Brown. She answered with, “I think all middle school children should be allowed to take  home their ipads. I think it’s a missed opportunity for kids to get their homework done, but if they sign a waiver that says they can take care of it then that proves they are willing to try. Plus most kids already have technology at home and they can take care of that.  It won’t be very helpful for the kids who don’t have WiFi at home.

There are also some people who did not like the idea, Mr. Whitford and a kid named Scout thought it was a bad idea because, they thought it was not a good idea for middle schoolers to have that responsibility. Mr. Whitford said, “maybe it would be good for the 8th graders to have them to be prepared for high school.”

I think it is a good idea for both 7th and 8th grade to be able to bring their Ipads home.  I think this because, it might make them very responsible. Also it will help get them prepared for high school ahead of time.  Even if they forget it at home they can sign a paper showing they are willing to pay the price. 

Hopefully sometime in the future they will ask others what they think, they might even let 7th and 8th graders take them home.  I hope you liked What people had to say. Thanks for reading

2 Comments

2 Responses to “They should be allowed to take home their iPads!”

1. Braedon Grafton on February 7th, 2019 2:35 pm

I believe that iPads should not be take home. 1 reason is that it needs to be charged overnight, and their parents might not want to buy a charger to charge the iPad at their house. (Because it’s plugged into their outlet so it goes into their electricity bill.) The other reason is that the school will have to pay money for people that would use the iPad at their house a lot.

2. Braedon Grafton on April 3rd, 2019 12:01 pm

Also, why should middle school be able to take their iPads home? I mean HighSchool can take their iPads home, so why do you want them to come home with you in Middle School.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• They should be allowed to take home their iPads!

Debates

Free time during school (Recess)😂

• Debates

Why Kids Shouldn’t do Homework

Debates

Should Students Have Less Homework or More?

Strange and Interesting Holidays

5/25-National Missing Children Day

Quote of the Week

Quote Of a The Week

Poem of the Day

Poem of the day

• Jokes

Joke of the week

Poem of the Day

Pome of the day

• Words of the Week

Words of the week

Poem of the Day

Pome of the day